The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a professional association with its corporate office in New York City and its operations center in Piscataway, New Jersey. It was formed in 1963 from the amalgamation of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers.
Today, the organization’s scope of interest has expanded into so many related fields, that it is simply referred to by the letters I-E-E-E (pronounced Eye-triple-E), except on legal business documents. As of 2018, it is the world’s largest association of technical professionals with more than 423,000 members in over 160 countries around the world. Its objectives are the educational and technical advancement of electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer engineering, and allied disciplines.
The procedure for registering in IEEE society
Benefits for IEEE members
IEEE Society Membership
We all get caught up in day-to-day activities where we work, but it’s important to network and expand your base of knowledge in order to bring new thought processes and insights into play. Joining an IEEE Society is one way to ‘broaden your horizons’ and gather new information to heighten your expertise about product safety design, trends and technical developments.
- Be part of a distinguished society at the forefront of product innovation
- Access IEEE resources, opportunities and timely information on the world of technology
- Compliance forums and top-level discussions—gain access to a virtual community forum for safety engineers and technical professionals
- Develop liaison with other IEEE disciplines and subsequent cross-education
- Ability to focus on product safety engineering as an applied science
- Network with technical experts at Societies, Section activities and local chapters
- Access to subject matters restricted to society members
- Professional development—Interface/work with other engineering leaders; promote personal career path; and build technical skills
- Contribute to teaching, papers, presentations and standards development
- Professional satisfaction and prestige (awards, certificates and other local and national recognition)
- Product Safety Newsletter and subscription to Consumer Electronics magazine
- Discounts on life insurance, travel, credit cards and more
- Participate in annual Symposiums with experts from around the world
- Camaraderie and a sense of higher purpose
- Help create a safer world for future generations
08 Apr 2020 | Member Benefits Bulletin
08 Apr 2020 | 20:00 GMT
1. IEEE SPECIAL EDITION MEMBER BENEFITS BULLETIN.
2. CAREER & EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES.